|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare: we're not your typical developer. Our 30+ years in the game-making business have been dedicated to crafting one beloved title after another, constantly trying new things, and infusing the fun we have every day into the games we create. Check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence! We strive to keep Rare a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance.
If you're a keen gamer, chances are you've already caught wind of our epic shared world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, released in March 2018 and a journey we're committed to for the long haul even as we begin to think about what's out there beyond the horizon. With every day bringing new challenges and discoveries in equal measure, there's never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!
Are you a Technical Animator looking to work on unique and innovative AAA game experiences? Do you revel in problem solving and working independently as well as in a collaborative team? You may be our next Technical Animator!
As part of the Technical Animation team, you will work alongside Animators and Engineers helping to develop, implement, and maintain in-game animation systems that show off our animations at their very best and enhance player experience.
As part of a creative team, your Animator’s artistic eye and the ability to offer creative technical solutions are a sought after skill we need. We are looking for an Animator with a proven interest in both the creative and technical aspects of animation. The role will be hands-on with Unreal Engine and experience with blueprint is a bonus, but scripting experience in any language is acceptable.
- Work closely with Art, Design and Engineering teams to achieve different briefs.
- Plan, implement and maintain in-game technical animation solutions which are elegant, reliable, user friendly, and performant.
- Help to drive the direction of our animation systems and undertake R&D into new techniques and pipelines.
- Be a point of contact for technical issues inside of the animation team, and between animation and engineering.
- Assist with technical knowledge sharing across the animation team.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation for use by internal and external teams.
- Has shipped at least one AAA console/PC title as a Technical Animator or as an Animator with significant technical animation experience.
- Confident experience building and maintaining in game technical animation systems including state machines and IK set ups.
- A thorough knowledge of Unreal desirable, though experience with other engines such as Unity or CryEngine is acceptable. A basic understanding of Unreal native C++ code would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting / programming languages such as Python / C++ / C# / HLSL.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current technical animation techniques and systems.
- Knowledge of Animation software such as Maya, MotionBuilder, 3Ds Max.
- Able to adapt to new technologies and pipelines.
- Able to take ownership and drive technical solutions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.