|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have an exciting opportunities for User Experience Research interns to work as part of a multidisciplinary team exploring applications of machine learning in real world healthcare domains (e.g. mental health, surgery, critical care and radiotherapy). The interns will bring a human-centric perspective to the explorations and work closely with machine learning experts, social scientists, designers, engineers and clinicians. Using appropriate methodologies, interns will develop understandings of everyday clinical practices and patient experiences to inform/evaluate the design of interactions between clinicians, patients and machine learning systems. Insights from this will be used to develop machine learning based solutions and experiences that transform care pathways and improve health outcomes.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team on real-world health
- conduct mixed methods user research (e.g. ethnography, interviews etc)
- translate findings into practical design insights
- deploy prototype technologies and evaluate their impact on social practice
- generate insights that fuel ideation
- Write and present your findings in technical documents or papers
- undertaking a PhD in HCI, CSCW or a related social science field (e.g. Psychology, Sociology Anthropology, Health Psychology)
- experience or interest working in healthcare domain
- experience of human aspects of interacting with machine learning algorithms
- good spoken and written English
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.