|Job Type:||Full Time|
Breakthrough advances in AI and machine learning (ML) have led to ambitious visions of how new systems can help revolutionize healthcare. These range from new approaches to understanding health risks, predicting disease progression, and creating personalized health interventions for improved patient outcomes; through to the development of innovative tools to support the practices of healthcare professionals, and reduce spending.
To realize this tremendous potential requires the development of machine learning applications that are effective, trustworthy and implementable in real healthcare contexts. Tackling this challenging ambition is the Healthcare Intelligence team – a multi-disciplinary group of machine learning researchers, social scientists, designers and engineers. As a Machine Learning Research Intern, you will be part of a team that develops human-centred machine learning solutions that can transform care pathways and improve health outcomes.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team on healthcare applications of machine learning
- Help the team building models, tools or infrastructure
- Be enrolled in a Master’s program in the area of computer science, computer vision/machine learning, statistics, or a related field
- Have experience/interest in healthcare
- Have strong programming skills
- Have experience in software development practices and one or multiple of the following programming languages: Python, C++, C#, R, Java
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.