|Job Type:||Full Time|
Strategic Account Executive
A role like this may very well be the pinnacle of your career. Be part of a dynamic, world-class community that will enable you to learn, collaborate, and contribute with the top minds in the industry. You will build and foster strategic relationships with the c-suites of the most impactful brands in their respective industries and will be at the forefront of their digital transformations. Envision working jointly with these customers to merge business vision with engineering roadmaps to enable market-making innovations. Be the visionary that takes their leaders on a journey but use your industry and business acumen to make those dreams of today, tangible business outcomes of tomorrow. All of this will require you to orchestrate a large, global, internal team that you will lead through influence without authority, and together, you will challenge things that were never thought possible.
As a Strategic Account Executive at Microsoft, consider yourself the dedicated virtual CEO of an account who leads our top customer into the digital age.
This job will provide you:
- An opportunity to drive change with your customer to do business like never before in a new and transformational way
- A forum to co-create the art of the possible
- The chance to lead world-class, diverse teams of digital transformation advisors, engineers, architects, and delivery teams who all have a vested interest in the customer
The Strategic Account Executive will be responsible for the following:
- Business Strategy- Understand the customers’ business, business strategy and industry direction and manage a long term, sustainable business portfolio.
- Digital transformation – Disrupt the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase case for change and Microsoft’s unique value proposition
- Relationship Building - Expand strategic customer relationships to drive larger impact for the customer and to deliver business outcomes.
- Chief People Leadership – Mobilize, orchestrate, mentor and lead the Microsoft Account Team, partners and customer in order to help solidify the path to the complex yet exciting journey that is digital transformation.
- Business Development Artistry - Responsible for articulating the joint business plan and business opportunity generation with continuous learning and improvement industries such as Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive, Telco, Media, Oil/Gas/Energy
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
Proven experience of building strategic business partnerships through selling or consulting with enterprise customers. Equally considered will be extensive experience driving digital transformation from within the enterprise customer
Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred; or equivalent experience
Experience in influence-without-authority (networking / orchestration with 50+ internal and external people) in global environments
Demonstrated ability to understand how to run a business and commercial models (including, but not limited to, portfolio management, P&L ownership, business planning)
Embody “we-before-me” mindset
An industry mastery of any kind is required (i.e. Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive, Telco, Media, Oil/Gas/Energy, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.