|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Cybersecurity organization within JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides security services to all lines of business (LOB) across JPMC. The objective of Cybersecurity is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services including Security Standards, Monitoring & Protection, Assurance & Awareness, and Security Operations. Cybersecurity is designed to address the JPMC global security needs across all LOBs and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
The Cybersecurity Shared Technology Services Engineering Organization is tasked with providing the technology that enables the efficient implementation of security controls as part of an integrated control ecosystem. Our systems facilitate this integration through a set of infrastructure services which enable individual controls to watch over our data today, easily share data and experiences with each other while limiting the impact of any needed changes to specific technologies (e.g. better interfaces). This platform is a critical dependency for these teams, as they build their product from our platforms and services.
We are seeking an experienced Big Data Software Engineer to join the Cybersecurity Shared Technology Services Engineering organization.
The successful candidate will be a skilled software engineer who is excited about working with a world class team to solve some of the hardest problems in Cybersecurity at JPMorgan Chase & Co by analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. Additionally, you would provide the system design and oversight to ensure our services can scale to multiple orders of magnitude. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
- Development of large scale big data solutions to be used in a very large production environment.
- Gather, analyze and maintain large data sets to provide answers to address hurdles and create innovative solutions in large-scale data infrastructures.
- Design, build/develop, maintain, test and assess big data solutions.
- Focus on the development of tools and technologies that are at the core of the company’s capabilities to manage, monitor and hunt for cybersecurity incidents.
- System, network and application troubleshooting.
- Provide engineering support for cyber security products developed
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive/Pig, Impala/Drill
- Proven experience of building and delivering a Big Data Platform from server builds to building tools and services that leverage data pipelines and compute resources efficiently
- Proven experience working with 10+ Terabytes/day worth of streaming data
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Independent problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing
- Ability to write and debug administrative and reporting tools in some programming languages (Shell, Python, Scala/Java)
- A solid understanding of Unix-based operating systems, including paging/swapping, IPC, drivers and filesystem (inode, partitions, etc.)
- Experience with host and network security (identity/password management, ACLs, file permissions and integrity)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing documentation, training users in complex topics, making presentations to junior and very senior audience
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while remaining productive and professional; exercise patience and ability to multi task
- Experience developing enterprise software and/or Masters’ degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
Having skills in the below areas is a major plus but is not a requirement.
- Experience with Data Science: MLlib, Scikit, h2o, TensorFlow, Caffe, Singa, etc.
- Experience with RDBMS as well as NoSQL stacks (ElasticSearch, HBase, Cassandra)
- Experience with messaging and data transport tools: Kafka, NiFi, LogStash, Syslog-ng, rsyslog
- Experience with Link Analysis tools and Graph technologies (Neo4j, JanusGraph)
- Working within an agile development methodology (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization tools: Hue, Kibana, Qlikview, Tableau
- Experience in next generation platforms such as cloud (AWS, Azure), PaaS, mobile
- Experience developing software using continuous integration/deployment pipeline that includes vendor solutions
- Experience with resource management (Yarn queues, Impala pools)
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JP Morgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologist design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cyber security, machine learning and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JP Morgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.