|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Lead Engineer, you will take the technical lead on projects, and guide our early career engineers. You will present to senior leaders and to cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy.
Design and validation of mechanical assemblies / fixturing and enclosures to agreed customer and product specifications and project deadlines in both plastic and metal.
Development and release of design documentation, including: Mechanical component and assembly drawings, Hydraulic and pneumatic circuit diagrams, System assembly drawings and User Manuals
Participate in FMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify / minimize design risks and optimize design outcome.
Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
Contribute to longer-term design process improvements to drive productivity and efficiency.
Design Change Initiation and implementation in accordance with our business procedures
- Manufacturing technical support and provide solutions for production related problems
- High standard of documentation for evidence of conformity and technical explanation
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Reviewing design specifications and requirements capture
- Ability to work across continents with remote engineering and sales teams
- Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
- Continually develop and advance internal operating procedures
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of 3D CAD tools (Solidworks, Pro/Engineer, etc.)
- Exposure to working in multiple disciplined (electrical, mechanical) design teams
- Knowledge of Design principles for Manufacture and Assembly in a high product mix environment.
- Experience in both Plastics and Metal enclosure design for IP rated electronic equipment
- Background in generation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
- Knowledge of Ergonomic Product Design
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in procedure development.
- Strong people and time management skills
- Experience with FEA simulation tools
- Experience of design and test. Ideally for high reliability, harsh environments including high vibration and high temperature
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc)
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members
- Experience of pressure transducers and compensation techniques
- Knowledge of basic Electronic principles
- Experience within a similar, high variety, electro-mechanical environment
- Experience of working with the PED
- Six Sigma Greenbelt trained and certified
- Knowledge and experience of SAP
- Experience of Shock/Vibration & Thermal Simulations Analysis Tools (Ansys Icepak)
- Experience of plastic mould tool design and mould flow analysis.
- Experience with pressure measurement and generation technologies (pumps, sensors)
- Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterization systems.
- Groby, Leicester
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more