|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Network Rail
We are transforming the network with a huge range of ambitious and ground-breaking projects. We're harnessing the latest technology and innovative thinking to create and maintain the railway of the future - safe, reliable, efficient and impressive. We keep commuters and freight moving in the right direction - Forwards, and that means we help keep the economy moving, too
To act as the focal point within the Control for the provision of timely and relevant information about the network for internal / external parties and customers. Continuously maintain and update relevant information systems.
This role is an excellent step in building a career within Network Rail Operations, providing the right candidate with experience of a Railway Control room.
About the role
1. Collate and disseminate information to / from Network Rail Control to the customer and other agencies regarding delay causing incidents on the railway network.
2.Provide real time train information to customers, both internal and external, via internal communication systems and email messaging.
3. Work closely with the Route Control Manager and the Incident Officer in the management of information flows within and external to the control organisation.
4. Produce email communications to agreed specifications and co-ordinate the provision of other necessary Control information to defined timescales. 56. Assist the Incident Controller (Lead Operations Controller) in creating the "prioritised plan" in line with the PIDD ACOP requirements.
5. Disseminating information regarding amended train plan during disruptive events.
8. Support the Control Team during manning of Gold Command in the collation of minutes and discussions held during incidents, and also during normal incident management conference calls.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent Communicator
- Reasonable geographical knowledge of applicable Route
- Demonstrable IT
- a Highly Conscientious worker
- Able to work shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Good team working skills
- Able to work effectively under pressure and multi task
- Appreciation of signalling, p'way and electrification disciplines
- Process driven.
- Understanding of where the Information Coordinator role features within Network Rail.
- Appreciation of Control specific software e.g. TRUST, CCIL, Tyrell
- Knowledge of Train & Freight operating companies within the route
- Experience of taking and distributing conference notes.
How to apply
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Salary: Circa £25,000 Per Annum depending on experience.
Closing date: 11/12/2019. Late applications will not be accepted.We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.