|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.9 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
The Global RFP Group is responsible for creating the documents which articulate J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s (JPMAM) unique value proposition and brand commitments to clients around the world. This team works closely with our Product Investment Specialist and Client Advisor partners to create, curate and maintain Requests for Proposal (RFPs)*, Requests for Information (RFIs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs).
The Global RFP Group plays a key role in both the acquisition of new business and the retention of valuable existing clients, through the completion of RFPs, RFIs, DDQs and other written client materials.
(*An RFP is a proposal or questionnaire that a potential client issues to asset management firms when tendering for new business in order to thoroughly understand how these firms manage client assets. It is typically the first formal stage of the sales process in the institutional and wholesale segments of the investment management industry).
An opportunity has arisen for a Request for Proposal (RFP) Writer to be based in London, as part of the wider JPMAM Global RFP Group. This team is responsible for responding to detailed RFPs, RFIs and DDQs from Institutional and Wholesale clients and distributors of JPMAM’s products and services.
This role has a specialist product focus, and offers the opportunity to learn about JPMAM’s extensive range of investment products. The role will primarily be focused on Global Emerging Markets Equities, but with the potential to work on other asset classes over time, including fixed income and multi-assets. Flexibility is essential.
Our RFP Writers work closely with Investment Specialists, who are experienced specialists in their respective asset classes and are responsible for reviewing all product content in RFPs and other documents. Writers also need to collaborate extensively with colleagues and partners in other departments across the firm.
In the course of completing RFPs, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of the Firm's products and investment processes, as well as of the specific needs of different client types.
Role and Responsibilities:
1. Creation of accurate, compelling and client-focused RFP responses
2. Maintenance and organisation of product profiles and investment process language
3. Overall responsibility for production and internal distribution of draft and final version RFPs
4. Development of strong, effective, two-way working relationships and collaboration with key stakeholders, including sales teams and Investment Specialists
5. Gaining quickly a broad knowledge of the structure and operations of the Firm, and the range of investment services and vehicles offered by JPMAM, in order to fulfill all of the above
6. Interfacing with many business partners who will help in providing data and answering questions more thoroughly (e.g., Sales teams, Portfolio Analysis Group, Investments Specialists, Client Account Management, Compliance, Legal, Risk, Finance, Trading and other departments)
7. Rigorous adherence to approved review, compliance and record-keeping procedures
1. Essential Skills and Qualifications required:
2. Excellent writing skills in English, and strong numeracy
3. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to work with colleagues at all levels
4. Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
5. Ability to work under pressure, and with flexibility, to meet tight deadlines
6. Organisation, prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
7. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook skills (intermediate/advanced)
8. Minimum of two years of experience in a professional environment preferred
9. Prior RFP writing experience in the asset management industry a distinct advantage
Knowledge of JPMAM’s investment products, and the organisation of our business, would be a distinct advantage. The Investment Management Certificate (IMC) qualification, or equivalent, would also be helpful but is not essential.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.