|Location:||Bath and North East Somerset|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The post holder shall develop and lead the Functional safety organisation within Subsea & Drilling.
- Lead the Functional Safety function within Subsea Systems in accordance with OGQENG- 0119.
- Put in place all the tools and process required for the Subsea Product Company to be successful in delivering on Functional safety requirements.
- Develop a network across the business, including representatives from each sub Product Company and support functions, e.g. Sourcing, Field Service, which have Functional Safety requirements on their products and systems.
- Develop and own Subsea specific QMS documentation, including Subsea Functional Safety Management policy, ensuring compliance to Baker Hughes level QMS and IEC 61508, IEC 61511 and other industry standards or regulatory requirements where appropriate.
- Create awareness within the business of Functional Safety, developing in-house training / knowledge share and advising of appropriate external training for those who require it.
- Certified Functional Safety Engineer / Professional or equivalent Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, and Electrical, Safety, Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a Functional Safety Management role within Subsea Significant experience in one or more Engineering functions (Design, Testing, Services, certification or related).
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
- Experience of working closely with 3rd party certification providers, such as DNV GL, Exida, TUV.
- Familiarity with the range of Baker Hughes Subsea & Drilling products.
- Able to build and develop relationships and networks internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to interact at all levels within and outside the company.
Nailsea, Aberdeen UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more