Customer Services - Collections Advisor, Birmingham
Base Salary from £17,850
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that will take you to the top, or simply in a new exciting direction, HSBC offer opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Joining our team will provide you with a range of career options and exposure within HSBC. We are also relocating our UK Head Office ring fenced banking operations to Birmingham and significantly increasing career opportunities in the Midlands area.
As a confident communicator you will need to use your skills to help customers who may be experiencing financial difficulties. You will need to be a good listener with an appreciation of the issues people can face in their daily lives. We're here to help our customers and you'll get a great feeling from knowing you've helped someone make their first step towards resolving their financial difficulties.
What you get in return:
This exciting opportunity is supported with an attractive reward package, including flexible benefits such as life insurance, income protection and healthcare. There is a pension with employee contributions to 7%, multiple employee discounts and a competitive salary (dependant on experience). There is also an opportunity to earn a performance related bonus.
At the start of your career journey we will provide you with all the training and development you require to be successful within your role, through a comprehensive blended learning approach.
You should have the flexibility to work within the hours of Monday to Thursday 8AM to 9PM, Friday 8AM to 6PM, and Saturday 8:30AM to 4PM working 35 hours per week.
In this role you will:
- Communicate with customers using effective questioning and listening skills to enable you to fully understand their individual financial circumstances and needs
- Be passionate and care about offering a service to our valued customers that is second to none
- Be confident, outgoing, and resilient and be able to quickly establish rapport with our customers and build lasting relationships
- Demonstrate the ability to persevere in challenging situations and be able to work as part of a team is essential to this role
- Treat customers fairly at the heart of all that you do