Analyst – Data Analytics
Some careers offer brighter prospects than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Principal Analyst
Analyst role is based within UK Commercial Banking Division and is a part of the Chief Operating Office operations.
The Analyst role provides forward looking, analytics-based insights and decision science to support Bank’s strategic objectives across Grow, Simplify and Protect initiatives. Working alongside Analytics Manager and supported by an Analyst, Senior Analyst supports all Commercial Banking (CMB) segments and products, as well as Regulatory, Redress and Compliance teams.
Role is based in our new UK HQ at 1 Centenary Square, Birmingham.
By working alongside Analytics Manager, Senior Analyst will be liaising with a number of senior stakeholders across the Bank to understand business priorities and analytical requirements necessary to shape and support business strategy.
This will be achieved by:
- Applying analytical skills to extract information from data sources and translating it into business language;
- Implementing best solutions within decision systems, satisfying user requirements;
- Providing ideas for projects, strong business awareness, commercial thinking, knowledge sharing;
- Establishing oneself as the Subject matter expert in own field of expertise;
- Production, maintenance & improvement of a suite of strategic and ad-hoc reports;
- Managing a range of analytical and modelling projects from inception to delivery;
- Sharing knowledge of data structures and associated code to wider team;
- Producing and validating of figures for regulatory returns;
- Managing Stakeholders and managing expectations appropriately.