|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Lead Mechanical Subsea Engineer is characterized by strong product knowledge, self-motivation, leadership traits and a continuous improvement mind-set.
The candidate would be expected to engage in all Mechanical aspects of Subsea Controls Engineering and have proven design experience of high reliability, low volume and custom design equipment.
- Interpretation and communication of industry and international codes and standards.
- Interpretation and implementation of client standards and global practices.
- Ensuring and verify technical compliance of products with specification, codes, standards, legislation and client technical requirements.
- Engagement with all relevant stakeholders (internal and external) developing and maintaining effective relationships/partnerships in order to meet programme schedule.
- Generation and / or review of technical procurement specifications, parts and document suites.
- Product and task ownership including the generation of robust design files to demonstrate due diligence.
- Ensuring that product design conforms with field proven or qualified technologies.
- Promoting Compliance, Quality & HSE integrity through developing succinct procedures, work instructions, product and process related documentation and creatively promote their use.
- Professional representation of GE in client and vendor focussed design review.
- Technically drive contribution to vendor selection processes.
- Continuously contribute to department and site goals and objectives.
- Act as a change agent in the business with energy, passion & enthusiasm to support business activities and alignment of processes to meet business needs.
- Takes responsibility in working across global SPS Engineering Teams to deliver solutions to assigned work packages.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work to agreed schedules and be ‘commercially aware' in engineering solutions.
- Implement initiatives and best practices to continuously improve the Inquiry to Order (ITO) & Order to Remittance (OTR) responsiveness of the organization to customer and business needs.
- Working closely with the New Product Initiative (NPI) team to support the delivery of NPI programs and assisting in defining the technology gaps to drive future NPI alignment.
- Management and review of outsourced (internal or external) work packages and removal of barriers to achieve success.
- Responsible for demonstrating adherence to schedule and budget commitments for assigned packages of work.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering OR International equivalent and work experience on closely related equipment.
- Proven experience in Mechanical design, Design for manufacture and Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience in DCV, Instrumentation and Electrical Actuation products
- Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, design and document change control.
- Mechanical simulation and analysis experience and possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities.
- Proven ability to achieve business’ targets.
- Strong technical problem solving and report out.
- Resilient & persistent under all circumstances.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Country of posting.
- Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term assignments.
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly across boundaries and international cultures
- Fluent English Speaker
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
- Experience and knowledge of the design and operation of Subsea Production Control
- Continuous improvement mind-set.
- Experience of working in a global team.
- Computer base knowledge (MS Word/Excel/Outlook/CAD).
- Attention to detail.
- Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Outstanding creativity and ability to communicate ideas.
- Customer Focus.
- Nailsea, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more