Role Title: Global Markets, Global Fixed Income Regulatory Reporting Lead – Associate Director
Business: Global Banking and Markets
New or Existing Role: New
GCB Grade: 4 (GCB4/ GCB 4)
Location: 8 Canada Square, London
The GFI Regulatory Reporting lead is accountable for ensuring that the FI business continues to meet its trade and transaction reporting obligations globally. The incumbent will:
- provide FO oversight to the GMMO teams involved in BAU reporting processes
- provide direction to IT on remediation / future state reporting builds
- represent HSBC in relevant industry fora, and
- support the wider COO team with reviews of booking models, systems and process optimisation and strategic change initiatives.
- Identify relevant information and insight on the various regulatory drafts that will affect the industry and the competition
- Provide input into business development and strategy, helping to develop processes and procedures that allow the business to comply with regulations
- Identify opportunities to increase the business profitability that arise due to changes in regulations.
- Implement global solutions wherever possible, ensuring consistent standards are met across entities and asset classes within Markets.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the offering to meet customer needs, through partnership with other areas of the organisation where required. Work with support areas to improve client experience and drive efficiency in a compliant manner
- Ensure that FI business has processes and procedures identified and implemented according to the business’ regulatory risk appetite
- Where any gaps in coverage are isolated, drive solutions with internal support teams to reduce operational risk
- Provide quality analysis and output for business change for GFI
- Drive technology development plans consistent with global target operating model, ensuring HSBC is able to offer the highest standards of client service
- Identify opportunities to improve the business process and deliver efficiencies
- Represent the needs of the business in Markets programme working groups and for a
- Manage delivery of various internal initiatives, ensuring that the right level of support is provided to the product and change teams
- Responsible for the efficient and smooth running of Business and Regulatory driven initiatives.
- Work closely with other parts of the organisation to ensure the right level of support is provided to the front office
Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role
Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank Plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.