|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The Product Line Productivity & Software Leader – Pre-Commissioning & Maintenance (P&M) provides an essential cross product line link between the P&M product line (Pipeline & Process), Operations and Technology teams. This is a pivotal role within the PPS organization and greatly impacts PPS’s success in driving the continued growth of profitability in our P&M business. The primary role of this position will be to establish and own the long-term strategy for development, implementation, usage and adaption of software to drive improved profitability within our P&M product lines and differentiation from our competitors.
The Product Line Productivity & Software Leader will initially work with the MJI product line and eventually across all P&M product lines - to ensure that we have an effective Multi Generation Product Plan (MGPP) for our software products.
Priorities for the role are below and are in order of precedence:
1. Productivity: Ensure PPS has a robust software implementation plan in place in order to reduce the amount of labor effort utilized on a per job basis, thus increasing PPS margins.
2. Engineering Governance: ensuring the work of PPS is consistent, reliable & traceable
3. Customer Revenue Streams: leverage the software implemented for productivity purposes to differentiate PPS from the competition via data hosting, software sales, future upgrades, license fees, etc.
It is expected that the 1st 12 to 24 months will be spent on driving productivity and ensuring Engineering Governance.
- Develop and maintain the MGPP for software related projects for all P&M product lines.
- Understand each of the PPS P&M product offerings and define a multi-phase plan to implement software to drive the largest profitability improvements in the shortest amount of time.
- Support Product Line responsibilities defined in PDM process for all Software projects
- Establish and define customer (internal and external) requirements for VCP, new products and R&D
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the global competitor capabilities (by region) for software usage within our P&M products including but not limited to reporting standards, technical trends, degree of automation, commercial requirements such as delivery times.
- Ensure software implementations and product developments are delivered with detailed release and launch plans
- Work with Internal Digital IT Software counterparts to ensure projects are executed to agreed Scope, Budget & Timing.
- Develop, prioritize and own product line software investment plan for input into annual business planning processes
- Support sales and commercial operations team on major tenders and long-term services agreements and provide ad-hoc commercial and technical guidance as needed.
- Partner with Regional Operations & P&M Engineering leader to identify and prioritize VCP opportunities.
- Develop business cases and key requirements for VCP and major software development improvements
- Key stakeholder in annual RTS plan for software within P&M
- Ensure full awareness of, and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant company/ customer HSE handbooks, HSE procedures and emergency procedures.
- Promote BH compliance & ethics policies throughout the workplace and in all business activities
- Timely delivery of software enhancements
- Margin improvement at the CM level as measured by comparing the pre and post margins once a software implementation is completed.
- Customer (internal & external) feedback
- Effectiveness of Product Management effort subjectively measured through evaluation of new growth and release of software and enhancements and objectively measured through NPI and VCP performance.
- Educated to graduate level
- Major relevant commercial, operational and or product line experience (e.g. Sales, marketing, business development, product management, data analysis) gained in a customer service environment
- An understanding of the market for, and techniques of, Pre-commissioning & Maintenance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of databases & software
- Proven ability to develop and implement commercial and technical strategies
- Proven strong influencing and interpersonal skills – able to interact and impact at senior levels
- High level of technical acumen with sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative
- Understanding of financial metrics and the levers that can be pulled to improve them
- Ability to work successfully in a global matrix organization
- Ability to deliver on time and budget NPI projects
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more