|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Create a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Provide leadership support for the end-to-end execution of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment, including control breaks and resolutions, to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk
- Engage with control colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, regulators and technology control functions
- Assist with error remediation including error documentation
- Assist with regulatory and audit remediation activities
- Identify control gaps and improve controls
- Provide guidance and on the ground training on controls, controls substantiation, root cause analysis, etc.
- Control governance & reporting
- You will work in close partnership with the business managers:
- To drive through control related change and improvements ensuring the end to end control environment is well controlled, robust and sustainable
- To partner with the business to identify and manage operational risk through the design, evaluation and ongoing assessment of controls
- To ensure control gaps are appropriately addressed and in a timely manner.
- To drive consistency of control standards and programs across regions and LOBs, Regions, Products, Locations, and across Functions
- As a Control Officer you will lead / contribute to the following:
- End-to-end process reviews
- Successful completion of business Risk and Control Self-Assessments
- New Business Initiative Reviews
- Regulatory management which may include Pre-KEYS validation, Pre-audit testing, Pre-regulatory review prep, and Post audit action plan review
- Implementation of Corporate programs
- Solid relevant experience at VP / ED level within the business, operations, or project organizations
- 7+ years of relevant experience preferably with an understanding of Alternatives businesses and Alternative products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence business leaders in a meaningful and actionable manner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills
- Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks and proposing solutions
- High potential individuals looking to broaden business knowledge and gain executive exposure
- Exceptional critical thinking, project management, analytical and communication skills (i.e. communicate effectively at all levels of the organization)
- Possess sense of urgency, intellectual curiosity, resourcefulness, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, ability to synthesize large amounts of information and propose recommendations
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment, quickly assess situations, and prioritise
- Individual must be results driven, have attention to detail, has passion for driving best practices, and skilled at diplomatically breaking down barriers and obstacles
- Ability to directly address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.6 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue