|Job Type:||Full Time|
Hotels.com are seeking a software developer with a consistent track record of successful delivery to join the Edge Platform team, working on a high-volume network application.
We’re excited for new developers to help us solve interesting problems, build something which all of Expedia Group can use and contribute to our public open source projects.
You'll be working on Styx ( https://github.com/HotelsDotCom/styx ), one of Hotels.com's open source projects and you'll be collaborating across many Expedia Group brands such as Brand Expedia and Homeaway.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn new software such as Netty.
What you'll do
- Work with the technology and product teams to seek and refine requirements and functional specifications
- Develop systems, tools and improve effective efficient delivery without compromising on quality
- Estimate resources and identify risks to achieve project goals
- Promote good development methodologies via code reviews, great software design, brown bags or tech talks
- Provide support to both internal and external team members where necessary
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and efficient processes
Who you are
- Design knowledge and development experience
- Deep understanding of core Java (8+)
- Understanding of HTTP and RESTful web services
- Deep understanding of multi-tier web applications and services
- Strong communication skills (able to explain concepts to non-technical audiences as well as peers)
- Comfortable using Unix-like OS e.g. Linux and/or MAC OS X
- Self-starter who is highly organised, communicative, quick learner, and team oriented
- Building and scaling high traffic websites
- You understand the ins and outs of many Internet Protocols, such as TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Having already worked with Netty or an equivalent NIO.2 client/server framework (desirable, not essential)
- You love open source and you are willing to be part of a team that will release and maintain an open source project.
We believe in flexible working and this role could be fulfilled on a flexible working set-up, this can be discussed during the interview process.
Hotels.com is the most rewarding way to book a place to stay. We really love travel and we know you do too. That’s why we make it really easy to book with us. With hundreds of thousands of places to stay around the world and 90 local websites in 41 languages, Hotels.com has it all. So, whether you’re looking for value in Vegas, treehouses in Thailand or villas with views, it’s all just a click away. And with our “Reward-winning” loyalty program you earn free* nights while you sleep…what could be better? Booking just got smarter too. With over 25 million real guest reviews and an app so easy to use that it’s been downloaded 70 million times, you can be sure to find the perfect place for you.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.