|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we’re looking for
You will be a successful Programme Manager, with a strong background in the creation and management of complex programs and projects within a wealth or investment management environment. In previous roles, you will have demonstrated strong commercial acumen and the ability to proactively drive major change transformations.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a key member in expanding the projects management capability in Schroders | Cazenove Capital, where you will be working with staff across the division in various roles and geographic locations, and have access to senior management. Critically, you should thrive on the opportunity to build relationships, deliver best in class service to the business and positively contribute to the on-going success of Wealth Management. The Program Managers may be required to on occasion to travel to other global offices within the division
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We’re close to our clients, in the heart of the UK’s financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
Schroders | Cazenove Capital has a requirement to appoint a experienced ‘hands-on’ Programme Manager to join the London team within the Wealth Management division.
Reporting to the Head and Deputy Head of Change Management, the successful candidate will be responsible as the single point of accountability to define, plan and direct the Digital program to ensure that objectives and outcomes are delivered to high quality, within established time frames and budget, and that meet the Schroders | Cazenove Capital clients and business needs.
Programme Managers will be required to demonstrate experience across multiple cross-functional initiatives with deployment into both front and back office production operations. The role will cover all aspects from request, mobilisation and scope definition, to implementation. Skilled coordination of business and technical resources is essential, ensuring ‘business as usual’ is not negatively impacted and benefits are optimised. This is not an IT role and by its nature requires a division-wide view of the high-level business landscape in which Schroders | Cazenove Capital operates.
The Digital program scope includes priorities such as:
- Client service improvements through CRM & Web App
- Operations efficiencies through Client Onboarding
What you’ll do
Leadership and Deliverables:
- Drive, direct, oversee and run the implementation of a Digital program to successful outcomes using appropriate management controls and standards, including reporting, planning, dependencies, tracking, budget management, change control, issue and risks management.
- Manage program sponsors, business stakeholder priorities, concerns and expectations.
- Establish the appropriate linkages to IT delivery management and teams.
- Ensure that key stage project documentation is being submitted to the relevant governance boards/ groups for approval, including project initiation, user acceptance and closure documentation.
- Lead by example in understanding the detail and being ‘hands-on’ in tasks when required.
- Proactive in alerting others and able to resolve or re-plan where issues arise for any tasks.
- Preparing various program reports to the Head and Deputy Head of Change Management and Steering Committees.
- Monitoring the delivery against plan to ensure progressive development and success of the project/programme.
- Identifying and managing dependencies with other projects and business priorities.
- Deployment and post-implementation support of the final solutions into the production environment, creating a transition plan and managing the handover from program to 'business as usual.
- Ensure that the program leave behind a detailed history of the decision making process, approvals, sign-offs and change control which can be easily audited.
- Act as a centre of excellence for Change Management across the division
Communication and Relationships:
- Create a project team culture managing a team of business and IT stakeholders and management of various experience and abilities, including coaching and mentoring of less experienced staff.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders to understand program drivers and create a prioritized roadmap and communications plan.
- Prepare for and facilitate periodic steering committee meetings to communicate program purpose, progress, status, and issues and risks.
- Work with the IT department to ensure alignment with IT resource capacity and IT roadmap.
- Work with the Finance department to ensure costs are approved, actuals are captured and forecasts maintained.
- Work with other managers to ensure that connected projects or work areas deliver in harmony, rather than at the expense of each other.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Proven Program Manager with multiple examples across different institutions of delivering large-scale business change and transformational programs in either wealth or investment management sectors.
- Delivery and results focused, capable of driving projects through tight timelines within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of wealth or investment management front and back office operations and Digital.
- Relevant change management qualifications, including working knowledge of Agile methods.
- Equipped with the drive and determination to make a real difference and add significant value.
What you’ll be like
- Superb communication, presentation, influencing, listening and stakeholder management skills relevant to the role.
- Possesses a commercial focus, being able to provide and articulate compelling business cases defining client benefits.
- Logical and pragmatic approach to planning, problem solving and issue resolution with the ability to understand the ‘big picture’ view and identify dependencies between activities.
- Strong leadership and team management skills with an ability to provide guidance and direction through periods of significant change and uncertainty.
- Ability to build trusted and respected relationships with the business and project teams.
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.