|Job Type:||Full Time|
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Export Finance (“EF”) provides medium and long term financing to international borrowers purchasing capital goods. We utilize Export Credit Agencies (“ECA”) to support our financing structures through loan guarantees, direct loans, or insurance. ECAs are entities established by respective governments to promote national exports, in turn stimulating economic growth and creating and/or maintaining employment.
The EF team interacts with Trade Sales and GCB relationship managers as a product /sales organization to provide ECA solutions for priority clients. EF is typically a lead product when JPMorgan is trying to build credentials in a new jurisdiction as it allows us to access a very senior level of the client organization and build relationships while managing our risk.
The team operates across a range of industry segments segments working closely together to manage relationships with the ECAs, other bank partners, and active borrowers of ECA financing.
- Help advance and support the team through the cycle of deal prospecting to closure
- Prepare informal or formal responses to client asks (including term sheets, and presentations)
- Compare various financing alternatives and the pros and cons of each.
- Create deal write-ups to approach partners internally as well as support internal approval processes with deal proposal packages
- Participate in client calls, when appropriate
- Produce pipeline reporting and provide analytics to senior management
- Manage inputs into the Global Trade Deal Committee co-ordinating submissions.
- Provide support on new EF initiatives for senior EF management
Skills you will learn/acquire
- Gain important business writing and verbal communication skills
- Gain a better understanding of credit and how/why JPMorgan approves new exposure and manages our balance sheet
- Understand interest rates and how varying financing structures employ different degrees of interest rate flexibility
- Develop experience around financial modelling, loan pricing, internal transaction control and cash flow work
- Be able to compare different financing structures through cost analyses
- Gain experience with clients
- Showcase and gain leadership acting as a go-to person for certain aspects of a deal
Qualifications / Experience
- Good communication skills
- Project management
- Power point and excel
- Language skills
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.