|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The Technical Leader in Electronic Hardware is a unique role, which sits within our wider Flexible Pipe systems – Integration Management (FPS-IM) business, involved in the development of electronics for products to inspect and monitor offshore flexible pipes.
Delivering a key role in the newly created Services Group of BHGE’s Flexible Pipe business, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of electronics that operates and controls the products. Working as part of a small team, the role will involve defining and managing the tasks required to deliver the electronics for new products and to support and develop the electronics used in existing products. This will include managing the work of other electronic engineers based both onsite and offsite although a significant proportion of your time will be spent on hands on development.
The electronic designs used in the products are diverse and include analogue and digital instrumentation electronics, power supplies and motor drive systems together with the overall electronic/electrical systems. The role requires a natural curiosity for solving problems and a creative, analytical and logical mind. You will work closely with the other members of a small multi-disciplinary team (including physicists, mechanical and software engineers) in a constantly evolving project based environment.
- Development and maintenance of the electronic designs for offshore inspection and monitoring products and for experimental and test equipment.
- Ensuring that the electronic designs deliver results reliably and meet customer requirements.
- Managing the electronic development function within a quality controlled environment.
- Contributing to the development of new inspection methods and products.
- Providing support to other engineering disciplines, to experimental programmes and to product trials.
- Identifying and overseeing the implementation of new electronic design methodologies, tools and training.
- Min Bachelors Degree in Electronics Engineering.
- Proven years experience in design, development, testing and maintenance of electronics in a low volume industrial/commercial environment.
- Experience of managing tasks and projects, including the writing of specifications and test plans.
- Design of mixed analogue / digital circuits, including low noise analogue electronics (frequencies from DC to a few MHz)
- Experience of design for EMC compatibility.
- Hands on assembly skills to a level suitable for development work.
- Similar experience in O&G or medical industry
- Excellent communication skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Masters or Ph.D in Electronics Engineering
- Similar experience in the Oil & Gas / offshore industry
- Abingdon, Oxford, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more