|Job Type:||Full Time|
Director, Product Marketing
Are you a product marketing leader passionate about understanding buyer’s needs to drive better product adoption? Come join our team. We are an organization passionate about partners and innovating our products and solutions to meet their needs.
What you’ll do
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will oversee the success of product marketing managers who develop go-to-market strategies for EPS’ products and solutions. You will also have an in depth understanding of partner needs by conducting research in cooperation with strategy, product and sales. You will responsible for revenue targets and marketing budgets for the products and solutions within your portfolio.
- Develop deep understanding of EPS’ partners by conducting research projects and working with the sales team to gather insights about partner needs and the purchase decision process
- Establish the go-to-market vision, strategy and model for the product portfolio for you are responsible and communicate that vision and strategy across the organization
- Drive an audience-centric marketing approach within the organization, ensuring that messaging and content are centered around partner buying needs; map EPS offerings from external partners into key solution categories
- Coordinate and provide direction for market segmentation and targeting in order to define the market opportunities for the product portfolio; work with product management leaders to build business cases for growing market presence or entering new markets
- Build or provide direction for the creation and socialization of the following product-level documents: market requirements, marketing plan, sales enablement plan, launch plan, solution handbook
- Build product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with partners; ensure that product marketing managers are providing source messaging documents for use by other marketing functions such as brand & campaigns, partner and sales enablement teams
- Develop daring positioning by using competitive analysis and input from product marketing and product management managers; develop high-reaching comparison guide for use in positioning against like offerings from other organizations
- Partner with product and sales leaders to plan routes to market and ensure that product marketing managers collaborate with sales enablement and sales operations to produce sales enablement plans for the product portfolio
- Lead all aspects of the product portfolio launch strategy and launch planning
- Serve as market-facing subject matter expert (SME) for the product portfolio at industry events or assist in preparation sales for thought leadership speaking events
- Assist in the creation of sales enablement content (e.g. playbooks, battle cards, scripts, presentations, training modules, demos)
- Coordinate and provide input into the process for developing customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use
- Establish strategies to drive adoption, retention, upsell and cross-sell for the product portfolio along with product team
- Ensure that product marketing managers follow a consistent process for conducting win/loss interviews and ongoing analysis to resolve customer product adoption
- Monitor and report on the performance of the product portfolio, results of related sales and marketing and efforts
- Provide leadership, direction and support to guide the product marketing team in its day-to-day activities
- Conduct routine assessments of the organization’s go-to-market processes and address gaps in performance
- Lead the hiring, development and retention of product marketing talent
Who you are
- 8+ years of product marketing experience in a B2B organization
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach and grow a diverse and geographically fragmented team to achieve specific goals
- Examples of presenting strategically valuable and complex recommendations to senior leaders
- Commercial mind set, critical to work alongside sales team and communicating results
- Formal experience handling a budget
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Ability to build value propositions and messaging strategies
- Ability to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and growth opportunities
- Ability to analyze information collected from win/loss interviews and pipeline behavior (conversion rates and velocity) to detect breakdowns in the marketing and sales process
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Ability to navigate global organization across multiple functions
- Critical thinker with strong writing, communication, presentation development and delivery skills
- Executive presence and ability to influence cross-functional partners
- Previous sales experience desirable; product management experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.