|Job Type:||Full Time|
Director, EPS Corporate Communications
The Director, EPS Corporate Communications will lead on all external media, industry and public relations activities for Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) worldwide and will be responsible for developing, executing, and measuring the EPS global PR strategy and Brand narrative. This role will report to the Vice President, Marketing and will be a key member of the Marketing leadership team. This newly created role is great for a high-profile individual looking to make an impact, add unseen value to the department and play a key role within the organization. This role is located in London.
What you will do
- Lead the development of our global public relations strategy and EPS Brand narrative, ensuring alignment with the Expedia Group vision and the other Expedia Group B2B divisions’ public relations strategies
- Build EPS’ brand awareness, position EPS as a guide in the travel industry and drive profitable growth through a fully coordinated communications plan including press releases, media outreach, strategic media partner cultivation, and effective travel industry content integration
- Provide strategic, creative and logistical leadership, and for balancing execution of public relations, media relations and industry relations for EPS
- Lead PR for executives within EPS including the President
- Develop and implement global communications strategies and plans that support EPS’ key UVP pillars, and tailor messages by region as needed
- Lead all ongoing PR efforts for EPS, e.g. Thought leadership research projects, speaking opportunities, awards applications and ensure continual innovation with new efforts
- Project-manage corporate communications initiatives and projects from development to release
- Identify new opportunities and possibilities for proactive PR from internal teams but also with our partners e.g. new products or partnership launches
- Monitor and track programs against business goals to gauge the success of efforts
- Regularly interact with the media, including serving as a spokesperson when relevant
- Handle public relations agency and conduct a regular evaluation of this agency and PR budget. As needed lead agency search processes and assess our agency footprint
- Monitor PR output on a regular basis, analyse and provide proactive action plans for areas that need improvement
- Handle issues and crisis communications efforts including coordination with internal stakeholders and legal approvals
- Collaborate extensively across:
- the EPS business unit, align senior management and appropriate partners
- Expedia Group to ensure our communication objectives are met and ensure alignment with overall Expedia Group strategy
- Collaborate with, and support, the wider Marketing team in broader initiatives, especially on content marketing.
Who you are
- 10+ years PR experience in a large multinational corporate or agency environment; B2B and/or travel industry experience preferred
- Experience working on a global PR team, with demonstrated skills across multiple regions such as North America, Europe, Asia or Latin America
- Outstanding communication skills; both verbal and written
- Proven ability to collaborate
- Demonstrated results in working with and leading the thinking of senior management required
- Comfortable with intense working environments and tight deadlines required
- Media spokesperson experience required
- Media relations experience required; journalist references appreciated
- Extensive experience in a B2B business required
- Strategic thinker with outstanding writing, communications, and social skills
- A respectful, relationship builder with strong professional presence and demonstrated ability to influence others
- Demonstrated ability to counsel executives regarding message content and delivery
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills
- Ability to handle changing requirements and short timelines as well as multiple overlapping projects at one time
- Experience handling public relations agency
- Superior attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree, Communications or related field preferred.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.