|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a technical role supporting Market Data applications & data feed.
The team is a cross business technology team working closely with its APAC & NA counterparts through a follow-the-sun model, focussing on issue resolution, sharing of processes and product rollouts.
We are entrusted to support all lines of business across all asset classes, including front/back office, sales, traders, analysts and technology operate teams across all lines of business.
Supporting a wide range of market data and trading systems across the bank.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and connectivity troubleshooting
- Effective communicator with good written and verbal communication skills, interaction with traders, support teams and vendors being an important part of the role
- Strong coordination skills in managing vendors as part of day issues or upgrades
- Technical trouble shooting experience with proven ability to manage high profile time critical issues. Acts as a positive member of the team that is capable of engaging in deep technical discussions, accepting different point of view and drive forward to develop agreed upon solutions
- Good working knowledge of scripting, including PowerShell, batch files and visual basic as part of the internal packaging process of vendor software
- Strong desire to share knowledge, ideas and solutions with immediate team as well as teams across disciplines
- Previous experience of working in an environment with change management structures and processes plus problem ticketing and resolution systems (knowledge of ITL)
- Documentation diligence - a strong ethos of knowledge management is essential to ensure internal records relating to versions, support documentation and technical diagrams are updated following changes/upgrades
- Self-motivated, customer focused, innovative and analytical
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to manage own workload
- Work well individually and in a team setting
- Able to prioritize workflow and work accurately under pressure, paying attention to detail and anticipating issues and dealing with them proactively
- Industry experience, with a breadth of knowledge across application deployment, application support and infrastructure support is required
- Vendor subject matter expert to support downstream teams and clients
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships, understanding the need to be client focused and build strong relationships across the organizations
- Self-starter always seeking new opportunities to improve process and build on automation in the role
- Experience of using monitoring/forensic tools, including ITRS Geneos and Corvil
- A risk, compliance and control background is desirable for identifying and managing IT and market data control gaps across the environment
- Demonstrate experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and support of virtual desktop environments as well as physical
- Familiarity with key exchange venues, including LSE, LME, Eurex, XETRA, NYSE, ICE, CME, NASDAQ and LCH
The team provides 7am to 7pm support Monday to Friday working a rolling shift pattern:
Early (7am – 3pm), Middle (9am – 5pm) and Late (11am – 7pm).
Weekday on call and weekend support, once every 4 to 5 weeks.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.