|Job Type:||Full Time|
Product Design Manager | London
It’s an exciting time to be in the product design team at Hotels.com. We’re growing fast and are looking for a new Product Design Manager to join us. You’ll help to craft the best travel products in the world, making sure our customers have an enjoyable, stress-free experience before, during and after every trip.
Partnering with researchers, data scientists, product managers, and developers, our designers are involved in every aspect of the product design process, from brainstorming big gnarly problems to tweaking pixels just before launch.
In this role you’ll focus on the shopping and booking stages of our customers' journey. As Product Design Manager you'll directly coordinate designers working in this area, mentoring them and helping to plan and critique their work. You’ll help shape strategic direction and will need to roll up your sleeves and contribute directly as a designer when necessary.
Your day-to-day at Hotels.com:
- Manage 4-5 designers in the shopping and booking team, guiding and supporting them in their project work and personal development
- Generally contribute to continuous improvement of our user experience using customer insight with the aim of growing customer reach, conversion and brand loyalty
- Help to define product strategy and shape the direction of specific projects
- Champion our customers in discussions with stakeholders
- Help improve the team’s design methodology and processes for creating high-value, customer-centric work
Who you are:
You’ll have 5+ years experience in product design, solving complex problems using insight, data and experimentation
- You’ve demonstrable experience and enthusiasm for mentoring/overseeing other designers
- You sweat the detail – you’re committed to quality and encourage the same in others
- You’ve got phenomenal communication and stakeholder management skills, and can build positive relationships with peers and colleagues
- You’ve an appreciation of web/mobile technologies and designing for different devices and contexts
- You’ve ideally got e-commerce experience
- You will have a portfolio of work demonstrating all these things
- You might even love to travel!
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.