Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run leading international bank.
HSBC's Commercial Bank is undertaking a significant investment in its customer experience as part of a multi-year overhaul of both business processes and enabling systems. The customer on-boarding Strategic Business Initiative (SBI) will deliver a global customer on-boarding and product fulfilment solution. The solution will include a new digital platform with intelligent data capture, business process management and extensive integration with enterprise services. The services will provide existing customer and third party data, electronic identity verification, KYC compliance, screening and customer setup and product enablement.
A global programme team has been formed which includes resources from Business, Transformation and Information Technology groups. The programme is being run globally with close partnership with regional business and technology teams. Given the significance of the SBI there is senior management interest in programme delivery with benefits being tracked both globally and regionally.
HSBC Technology is tasked with the design and build of a new global digital platform, using an agile delivery methodology. The platform will initially target 15 key markets and leverage technologies such as cloud.
Some of these services will leverage internal data stores and systems, whilst others will act as a gateway to third party services. As part of a major investment within CMB this programme sits alongside other SBI investments and there will opportunity to collaborate and share capabilities.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking an experienced Delivery Lead to join HSBC Technology.
- Accountable for the IT roadmap spanning a 24 month horizon.
- Accountable for specific deliverables identified on the roadmap, ensuring progress along feature, market and architecture dimensions.
- Ensure IT plan has completeness and depth and aligns to business level outcomes and uses Agile principles in particular SAFe
- Ensure the integrity of the solution across several distinct integration components. Hold architects accountable for the quality of the solution and the business for the definition of the problem statement and associated requirements.
- Ensure a strategic vision that is ambitious enough to make lasting change. Allow for transitions states that reflect practical constraints and allow the project to proceed at pace.
- Cooperate with other lines of business to optimize alignment to related projects, with a focus on sharing standards, architecture, data and platform
- Collaborate across the global management team, including key delivery partners, to ensure a joined up effort towards a common mission
- Own a portion of the middle office organization include SMEs and senior program managers in UK.
- Work closely with development centers to supply appropriate skills with resources at scale and hold team accountable for deliverables. Ensure integrated working relationship with business and technology product owners
- Manage contracts with supplying teams such as Core Banking, Financial Crime and Risk (CDD, Sanctions, PEP, Media Screening)
- Accountable for the successful use a third party software package being used as the Core Platform to support key business functions and drive orchestration
- Be accountable for the technology delivery strategy including the use of Cloud for deployment and DevOps tooling
- Define and maintain the definition of roles within the team to drive for high efficiency and high satisfaction roles using Agile techniques, in particular SAFe