|Location:||Tyne and Wear|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
This role is responsible for undertaking work scopes that feed directly into current initiatives, projects and programs. The position is mainly to support the activities in relation to offshore flexible pipe products. At this level the Engineer will have knowledge and experience to execute the required activities as part of the Materials Technology Function.
The annulus of a flexible pipe is a complex system of steel and polymers that must withstand the environmental conditions of a 25 year service life.
The Corrosion Specialist has to understand the system and through the development of modelling and simulation tools calibrated by data from small, mid and full scale testing will be able to predict the realistic conditions to meet the service life requirements.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of design tools used for prediction of the service conditions in Unbonded Flexible Pipe structures
- Pipe System and Materials modelling and analysis, testing data analysis
- Definition and execution of specific work package tasks in New Product Development Projects (NPI’s) and New Technology Introduction (NTI’s).
- Educated to a minimum of Master Degree level in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics.
- Working knowledge of corrosion chemistry and modelling and analysis of physical systems.
- Knowledge of permeation modelling of polymer materials, preferably thermoplastics would also be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of modelling Software preferable Comsol Multiphysics.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- For engineering/technology roles the expectation is that the candidate will conduct background research for the specific tasks to familiarize themselves in order to execute their scope of work.
- Good communication (interpersonal, oral and written) and organisation skills. Ability to work within a team environment. Proficiency in software applications MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Self-motivated, self-starter capable of remaining flexible to changing work priorities.
- Effective at managing multiple work scopes, with the ability to bring assignments to a successful completion.
- Although based in Newcastle requires flexibility for potential travel over extended periods to other facilities and locations.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more