Technology Programme Manager – GBM IT
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a number of experienced Technology Programme Managers to join HSBC Technology.
Recognising the importance of cross-asset programmes to the GBM business, our CIO Richard Herbert has recently announced the creation of a new leadership role within GBM Technology (Head of Regulatory & Strategic Programmes). This is single point of accountability for the delivery of specific cross-asset initiatives as well as responsible for the portfolio management function of GBM Technology. This new structure enables us to more effectively respond to new regulatory and strategic demands and align to our business stakeholders.
- Portfolio Management and the Brexit programme
- FRTB and Basel III
- Interbank Lending Rate (IBOR) transition
- Service Sustainability
- Location Strategy
- GBM Capital Management Programme
- Oversight of the GBM Conduct programme.
The team will operate a federated model; delivery, development and associated budget continues to sit within the respective asset classes and Regulatory & Strategic Programmes will be accountable for the overall business outcomes. As such, the new team will be intentionally small with a cadre of experienced programme managers and programme office staff.
- Influencing strategy and shape the programme approach across a series of projects or component activities, building stakeholder buy-in around plans, commitments and changes
- Accountability for assisting business stakeholders with the decomposition of complex business requirements into Epics and User Stories that can be delivered by Technology teams via respective backlogs with minimum cross product co-ordination
- Accountability for the delivery, governance & reporting to stakeholders including the Product owner in the business, head of a service line or Product within Technology
- Driving the use of Agile methodologies within Technology teams (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean) in line with corresponding transformation frameworks at the bank
- Ensuring Technology programmes align to HSBC strategies and contribute to towards achieving strategic aims
- Ensuring that all Technology practices and associated tools are being adopted and adhered to within the Programme
- Accountability for all elements of programme financial management, including headcount and software delivery capitalisation
- Managing negotiation with and management of, and service agreement monitoring of third party contracts with Technology suppliers
- Managing the development and promotion of the technology portfolio and project management practices