|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to ongoing investment and expansion at our award winning Glasgow Technology Centre, we have a number of new opportunities available for talented Java Developers. Located in the heart of Glasgow City Centre, our centre is one of 2 strategic, pure technology hubs globally at JP Morgan.
Our opportunities offer the chance to work on interesting challenges and projects, with what are truly cutting edge technologies.
- Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
- Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
- Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
- Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
- Partner with supporting tech leads to develop realistic and achievable project estimates
- Analysis and build within Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas
- Testing: Unit, SIT & UAT planning and management
- Robust delivery of code into the production environment
- Take part in decisions affecting long range organizational goals & strategic planning.
- Proactively look to develop, implement and further development best practices across the group. The areas of focus should include, but not be limited to quality improvement, code reviews, code/architecture standards, code reuse, and reduction of support calls, technical documentation and technical design specifications
- Relevant university degree, or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of application development experience
- Confidence with Core Java
- Java Frameworks i.e. Spring; Hibernate
- Test Driven Development Skills
- Exposure/ competence with Agile Development approach
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Process analysis and design
- Experience in the following technologies would be useful, however not essential: MQ/JMS, Web Services, Maven, Unix shell scripting