|Job Type:||Full Time|
Start date: June 2020
Duration: 12 months
Join our student hackathon, completely organised by our current placement year interns, to get a feel on how great our internship programme is.
More info can be found here: http://travelhack.github.io/
- Penultimate year of a Computer Science/Computer Engineering degree
- Please ensure you apply with your CV in English
- Online Application Form
- HackerRank test + Telephone Interview
- Assessment Centre
Are you ready to join a team that works with the most innovative technologies in the travel industry? Do you love writing code that matters and that improves our customers journey in booking an unforgettable experience?
Our Software Engineer interns’ primary responsibility is to support our teams in optimising our travel platform. We have various opportunities focusing on front, back & full stack development.
Here’s what Louise has said about her placement year at Expedia:
“I truly believe I had one of the best placement experiences I could’ve ever had. Hotels.com really helped me grow and bring me out of my comfort zone. Being part of the Shopping team was amazing, I was able to start out as a backend Java engineer. When I wanted to see the full stack the team encouraged me to get involved in the front end side. I even got to learn a little bit about being a Scrum Master and ran a handful of our daily stand ups. Being able to contribute to features that are still live on the site is such a rewarding feeling. I had some of the best mentors, and they have inspired me in so many ways. They encouraged my questions, welcomed my ideas for the team and really helped me build my confidence in my technical ability.”
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, debug, and modify components of software
applications and tools
- Learn to contribute to requirement definition process
- Drive technical implementation at the application/product level for
- Work in a team to design, spec, and schedule a component or feature
- Provide quality implementation and testing of a component or feature
with peer and manager support
- Provide improvements to solutions for a given problem
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from peers or
managers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure with
help from peers or managers.
- Support development of documentation and procedures for installation
- Collaborate with and learn from all members of technical staff
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university graduating in 2022
- Pursuing a bachelor degree in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering or Mathematics
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages:
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and OOP concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.