|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to join our newly formed Business Management team where you help to monitor Business Process Standards across Global Operations.
You will also update the Operational Risk and Control with new functions and identify any gaps.
You will help co-ordinate and produce regular reports on Management Information, budget and governance. In addition you will assist with producing global operations communications.
Someone who can interact with an array of departments across Schroders, building key links with our Audit, Compliance and Operations colleagues.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub – home to our client servicing, product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different.
What you'll do
- Ongoing maintenance of the Risk and Controls Framework including co-ordinating risk assessment completion, monitoring risk events and issues;
- Creation and maintenance of a globally consistent controls and procedures inventory;
- Collate of existing operating models and co-ordination of ongoing reviews and updates, ensuring consistency across Operational hubs; and
- Support ongoing maintenance of BCP planning for Operations.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Business Management or operational risk and control experience gained within Financial Services Operations;
- An understanding of asset management operations functions;
- Strong understanding of operational risks and control frameworks;
- Excellent communication skills and must possess good interpersonal skills and/or written skills;
- Able to maintain a friendly and open attitude that encourages continued high levels of interaction by all Schroder employees with the Oversight team; and
- Ability to self manage current and future workload, proactively communicating progress to management on an ongoing regular basis.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Wider experience in Asset Management Operations and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle;
- Experience of designing, developing and implementing dashboards Power BI/Tableau; and
- Strong business data analysis skills with advanced excel skills.
What you'll be like
- Good at analysing and solving problem with a strong handle on operational risk;
- Exercises good judgement in assessing and managing risks;
- Develops and supports preventative process to strengthen the control framework;
- Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks appropriately;
- Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement opportunities;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
- A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
- Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.