|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to join our newly formed Business Management team where you will help establish Business Process Standards and monitor this across Global Operations.
You will also support Operational Risk and Control by co-ordinating regular assessments (Risk and Control Assessments) and partnering with audit on any action points.
You will help to produce Management Information, co-ordinate Global Operations budget and governance. In addition, you will assist with operation-wide communications.
Someone who can interact with an array of departments across Schroders, building key links with our Audit, Compliance and Operations colleagues.
As a lead specialist you will be able to handle complex issues through to completion working with stakeholders across the business as required.
Someone who can act as a mentor and escalation point for the team's Specialist to support them on a daily basis.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub – home to our client servicing, product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different.
What you'll do
- Support the development of and facilitate the delivery of standardised management information (MI), key performance indicators and other metrics essential to the running of the Operations functions, in conjunction with other Operational hubs;
- Ensuring Operating Model Principles and Standards are being followed within the Operational hub;
- Support Operational hub in capacity planning, lean process improvement to promote efficiency and scalability; and
- Support the Operational hub in monitoring budgets and preparation of financial forecasts.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Experience in managing and leading a team; would be in a position to provide advice and guidance to more junior members of staff;
- Prior Business Management or operational risk and control experience gained within Financial Services Operations;
- Strong understanding of operational risks and control frameworks;
- Numerical skills and the ability to monitor and produce high quality MIS, and naturally perform root cause analysis;
- Excellent communication with the ability to liaise effectively with people at all levels;
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and/or written skills;
- Able to maintain a friendly and open attitude that encourages continued high levels of interaction by all Schroder employees with the Oversight team; and
- Ability to self manage current and future workload, proactively communicating progress to management on an ongoing regular basis.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Wider experience in Asset Management Operations and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle;
- Experience of designing, developing and implementing dashboards Power BI/Tableau; and
- Strong business data analysis skills with advanced excel skills.
What you'll be like
- An expert in your field and a strong mentor to the team's Specialists;
- Exercises good judgment in assessing and managing risks;
- Develops/supports preventative processes to strengthen the control framework;
- Good at analysing and solving problems with a strong handle on operational risk;
- Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks and delegate appropriately;
- Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement opportunities on self and on the team;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
- A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
- Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.