|Location:||Tyne and Wear|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Working as part of the Flexible Pipe Systems (FPS) Product Development team to support the FPS Integrity Management team in the development of and deployment of software applications to help the design and inspection of flexible risers.
Reporting functionally to the MAPS Engineering Leader and locally to the Product Development & Validation Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the software development of applications to support the mechanical design of flexible risers, for controlling the tools to inspect these and in implementing and developing models of the mechanical and electromagnetic behaviour.
Duties to include the following but other others may be assigned to:
- Writing high quality software in C++/ C# / Python / Visual Basic
- Interface with regional cross-functional teams to address modelling development requirements and integration
- Develop and validate underlying software models of aspects of the physical structure
- Prepare and implement appropriate tests to ensure robust and reliable performance
- Support the use and extension of software development tools and the technology strategy
- Assist in providing documentation and training for users and other stakeholders
- Work with all departments as required to present a comprehensive technology service
- Lead project tasks with software and programming bias.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for BHGE employees and customers.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of QA policies and processes.
- A good honours degree in a software, scientific or engineering subject or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Candidates with Master degrees or PhD’s or equivalent knowledge and experience which have a strong programming element are welcome
- Some years’ experience in a software development environment
- Software development in C++ / C# / Python
- Scientific modelling and analysis
- Excel, VBA and Database programming
- Experience of software development tools for source control and testing
- User interface design
- Knowledge of the Qt toolkit
- Experience in the use of Linux
- Use of commercial and scripting software, e.g. Matlab, MathCad, etc.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to learn new skills
- Ability to independently and to tight deadlines
- Good team worker
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more