|Location:||Bath and North East Somerset|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The global MPE team are challenged with developing Materials and Process solutions to take Subsea Production Systems into the next stage of their evolution. As a Lead Engineer, you will work within the Subsea Production Systems scope including but not limited to Xmas Trees, Controls, Connection and Distribution Systems. You will take full ownership of all associated activities within the role outlined below and in doing so secure best in class delivery
Making use of prior experience and a passion for materials engineering you will:
- Provide guidance, mentoring and support on topics associated with Metallurgy, Welding, Coatings and Corrosion Control within the MPE team and wider engineering community.
- Develop and update engineering guidelines, specifications and best practices within Metallurgy, Welding, Coatings and Corrosion Control, and support in aligning such processes within the Global Subsea Production Systems and Services (SPS & S) MPE team
- Act as a Lead Engineer as appropriate on requisition assignments (FEED, ITO and OTR) and execute all Materials & Process Engineering tasks with efficiency and integrity.
Tasks include but are not limited to;
- Review and perform technical evaluations of contract requirements, design codes, manufacturing standards and specifications,
- Customer contact – writing technical clarifications/exceptions and attend meetings on materials selection and manufacturing,
- Definition of GE/Contract requirements - writing of technical reports and specifications,
- Provide materials selection and fabrication advice during design phase,
- Support to supply chain, attendance at audits and pre-production meetings,
- Review of vendors’ special process procedures, such as e.g. manufacturing and welding procedure specifications, for use in the manufacturing of subsea equipment,
- Review and disposition of concessions and deviations.
- Potential to act as EPC/System project Materials Engineering lead where called upon.
- Ensure compliance initiatives are implemented and training requirements are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Engineering, Welding or Corrosion Science (or related subject) from an accredited college or university with significant work experience within Subsea Materials Engineering. Certifications in Welding, NDE, Corrosion, Cathodic protection and Coatings are of interest.
- In depth understanding of metallurgy and material manufacturing processes such as forming, forging, heat treatment, welding, etc.
- Understanding of corrosion and environmental degradation mechanisms associated with the subsea oil and gas industry
- Familiar with relevant industry standards (API, ISO, NORSOK, DNV, ASME, ASTM, etc.) as well as design and fabrication requirements for subsea products.
- Good English communication skills (written and oral)
- Willingness and ability to travel, as required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to cooperate and interface effectively with all levels of a matrix environment
- Strong customer mind-set, Flexible, proactive and results oriented
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in teams
- Ideally Bristol but flexible