|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Proposal Analyst will work closely with the Proposal Manager, proposal team and wider business to establish the cost and financial data required to support the construction, evaluation and approval of our Commercial Proposals.
- Owner of the cost models for subsea control system proposals. Using a range of business tools, the analyst will construct the cost model and provide the required analysis
- Support in the evaluation of proposal requests (ITT, RFQ, RFP) documents to establish requirements
- Provide Application Engineers support to allow commercial evaluation of technical solutions
- Working closely with Sourcing team evaluate 3rd party quotations and assist in the vendor selection process
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing and Project Management teams to establish labour estimates
- Liaise with Commercial Finance to establish cost and risk profiles for FX, CoC, CoPQ, warranty etc.
- Liaise with Pricing Team to understand cost targets and ensure alignment between pricing, cost assumptions and scope
- Responsible for pricing and remuneration inputs to proposal documentation
- Assist in responding to commercial clarifications
- Completion of documentation to support the handover process upon contract award
- Work with the Product Management team to establish/update standard costings for new or updated Products
- Work with the Commercial Excellence team to maintain and improve costing tools and processes.
- Prepare and maintain cost benchmark database to support review process and analysis
- Assist regional hubs to ensure best practice and lessons learned for cost and price are established and shared globally
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business or a comparable subject from an accredited university or college.
- High proficiency in Analytical Software packages
- Preferable to have experience and competence with the use of: Microsoft Office products especially Excel.
- Cost Engineering/Estimating Software, Cleopatra Enterprise or similar
- ERP Systems, Oracle or similar
- Online data tools, Tableau, SmartSheets or similar
- Customer Relationship Management tools, Salesforce or similar
- Proposal Writing/collating tools, Xaitporter or similar
- File Sharing tools such as Sharepoint / Box
- Problem solving acumen, creativity with a project mind set.
- Organised, structured and capable of working to a tight deadline
- Excellent internal and external communication ability
- Ability to influence a team to ensure deadlines are achieved
- An interest or experience in high technology manufacturing businesses.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more