|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Senior Systems Engineer, the role provides technical authority level engineering in support of the early engagement framework. This includes design, management, and consultancy services for concept and front-end phases for projects, as well as tendering and execution support to various product and service lines within OFE as required.
- Maintain operational reporting to assigned study manager and ability to act as a study manager as required.
- Providing system design input to large subsea project proposals and equipment contracts
- Define and prepare functional specifications for subsea system building blocks such as Trees, Controls, Wellhead connections, Manifolds, and Flowlines
- Interface definition and management amongst different work packages, Company locations and towards the client
- Act as a technical authority responsible for system layout and definition from concept phase to FEED, detail engineering and execution phases of a subsea project
- Supervision of team members assigned to them both from within Early engagement and outsourced specialists.
- Reporting of progress, technical and interface matters in project meetings and progress reports of CTRs assigned to them.
- Assist R&D initiatives on field optimization and design reviews
- Quality Ensuring the work is performed in accordance with BHGE Quality Management Systems.
- Client interfacing Liaises with clients on a technical level to ensure their needs are being met and ensuring they are aware of the data input requirements to allow the study to proceed on-schedule.
- Leadership Provides technical leadership as required on studies, projects and other tasks assigned by line manager
- Business Development Supports the OFE commercial organization in identifying and pursuing opportunities related to early engagement.
- Proposals Assists in preparing proposals as part of a proposals team or technical peer checker
- Specialist Tasks and duties (as deemed required)
- Support execution phase of projects
- Use and develop internal systems and software tools for undertaking engineering tasks leading to safe and successful delivery of jobs.
- Seek out and promote application of new technology to enable promotion and positioning of BHGE to the market
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor's Degree with extensive / proven years of experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Practical knowledge of all aspects of the Subsea Systems Engineering Lifecycle from NPI, Tender development, Project Engineering, SIT, commissioning, and operations
- Broad knowledge of processes, methods and procedures within project and engineering management
- Demonstrable depth of experience in engineering leadership within a multi-disciplinary environment including project planning, executing, customer interfacing, and close-out.
- Significant Domain expertise across the following (at least one at ‘expert’ level): Field architecture/Flow assurance/process engineering/Subsea Production Systems/Risers, flowlines and pipelines/Control systems/Constructability and installation
- Ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions
- Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term assignments
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more