|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineers provide dedicated technical support to a nominated
Production line within the Groby manufacturing facility. Successful candidates should expect to
Work in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick and effective
Solutions to daily production issues, support New Product Introductions, Custom Product
Opportunities and Capability Development (NPIs, CPO’s & CD) and contribute to longer-term
Process improvements to drive productivity.
- Design, procurement and validation of manufacturing, assembly and test tooling/fixtures
- Development of assembly processes and procedures
- Provide electro-mechanical support to production floor
- Preparation and release of Work Instructions detailing critical assembly operations
- Creation of product routing within ERP system
- Support all aspects of pre-production and post-launch production through to project closure.
- Influence design to ensure new designs are optimised for manufacture, performance.
- Lead PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimise build/test processes.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline.
- Sound understanding of stress/strain and ability to apply to pressure systems design.
- Understanding of Electromechanical Assembly/Sub assembly, in a technical production environment.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, Lean Manufacturing techniques, Quality System, and
- Hands-on capability with good knowledge of manufacturing and calibration/validation processes.
- Ability to use CAD (Pro/Engineer, SolidWorks or AutoCAD) to design fixtures and analyse product designs.
- Lead and be contributing member of cross functional teams
- Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
- Strong Analytical, problem solving and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development.
- Experience of using SAP ERP
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience with pressure measurement technologies
- Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterization systems
Leicestershire – Groby
- This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organisation
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more