Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and driven individual to join our team at our Kirkby, Liverpool site. The successful candidate will be responsible for the safe and efficient processing of batch chemical reaction vessels. Duties will include the movement of materials, liquids, solids including hazards chemicals along with manual lifting when required. The successful person will also operate reactor units, working to specific guidelines to ensure correct parameters. This is a varied and interesting role that will offer you the chance to learn, progress and develop within your chosen career.
- Under minimal supervision perform duties associated with the operation of the plants operating units.
- Work both within the control room as well as on-plant
- Interpret batch tickets, standard operating procedures and ISO procedures
- Calculate batch yields and performs basic calculations
- Operate all reactor units and associated processes efficiently and safely
- Load, unload and transfer raw materials and products
- Control the amount of waste generated and disposes of waste according to environmental requirements
- Work to company HSE regulations
- Have good awareness of surroundings
- Accuracy while working is paramount
- A-Level minimum, HNC would be an advantage
- Worked within a lower/ top tier COMAH plant
- Proven background of batch chemical manufacturing
- Used material safety data sheets
- Ability to problem solve and forward planning
- Computer literate
Kirkby, Liverpool, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more