|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes Company is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer – New Product Introduction
Part time/ Full time/ Flexible Working
Are you passionate about driving continuous improvement?
Do you have a desire to work at the centre of the new product introduction process?
Join our cutting-edge Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team
Bringing the most cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together, creating oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and surface-pressure capabilities are industry-leading and commercially-innovative.
Operate at the heart of change across New Product Introduction
You will have a critical role in driving continuous improvement across our New Product Introduction engineering process. You will operate at the heart of how we design, manufacture, test and prototype new products for our customers. Working in collaboration internal and external stakeholders you will drive continuous improvement and best practice into everything we do.
- Driving continuous improvement across the New Product Introduction process
- Managing the assessment of supply chain readiness to ensure capability to build new products
- Contributing to bids, validating resource requirements and cost model to ensure ability to deliver on customer requirements
- Review and recommending test and assembly approach, capability and delivery mechanism
- Proactively support and trouble shoot during prototype stage
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
- Have working knowledge of either electrical or mechanical engineering within a manufacturing environment
- Be experienced and comfortable questioning and influencing stakeholders towards change and positive outcomes
- Be naturally inquisitive with an eye for the detail
- Enjoy and be good at engaging with and facilitating people from all levels of organization
- Thrives on working collaboratively in a matrix organization, bringing people together towards an end goal
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In the Advanced Manufacturing Engineer role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work around our core hours to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
- Working 3 days a week - you can do this by working in a job share arrangement with a job share partner so the whole week is covered. When you apply for the role, we will do our best to find you a suitable partner if your application is successful
You will excel in our collaborative, inclusive, revolutionary, forward-thinking and people-centric team if you share our commitment to always doing the right thing. Regardless of your background or your ambitions, we will support you every step of the way as we bring sustainable and affordable energy to the world.
We believe in rewarding our people with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Generous annual leave and money to spend on wellbeing activities
- Life assurance and income protection
- Private medical cover
- A defined contributory savings plan
- Additional elected benefits.
As the world’s leading full-stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions, we are passionate about helping our customers get the best out of their hydrocarbons. Working innovatively to enhance productivity and reduce costs, waste and risk, we are defining the future of the oil and gas industries.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values ideas and new ways of thinking? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.