|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
You will be part of a cutting-edge Data Science team developing algorithms and software to deliver pipeline inspection data processing, analysis and reporting solutions. The DS team develops solutions for customers and in-house domain experts working with large and challenging data sets, covering several areas including algorithms, signal processing, data visualisation and enterprise application development.
- Design, development and on-time delivery of new algorithms and software for the analysis and reporting of pipeline inspection data
- Deliver technical support, including algorithm and software maintenance, to multi-discipline teams across BHGE’s worldwide operational bases
- Collaborating with other engineering disciplines, domain experts, internal and external customers
- Contributing to continuous improvement and quality initiatives
- A B.Sc, M.Sc, Phd. or equivalent, in Software Engineering, Mathematics or other relevant discipline.
- Strong numerical skills used in an engineering context, including working with numerical data in a signal processing or image processing context.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in algorithm development from design and prototyping to delivery and application to engineering problems
- Knowledge and experience of current and emerging machine learning/AI techniques.
- Solid software development experience in Python, C++ or Java working in a production environment across the full lifecycle from working with users to testing and maintenance
- Evidence of problem solving ability
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Able to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Oil & Gas industry experience
- Experience of working in an Agile software development environment including test driven development
- Exposure to big data and cloud technologies
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-LONDON