|Job Type:||Full Time|
Field Specialist - Surface Logging Services (SLS)
- Perform Drilling and Engineering monitoring duties
- Perform engineering programs as requested by client but not essential
- Input at the wellsite of geological and engineering data
- Collection of rock samples, packaging, describing it under the microscope and updated the mud-log.
- Ensure QA of data is of the required level
- Ensure correct operation and assist in maintenance of Baker Hughes SLS equipment, as per recommended maintenance schedules for cabin systems and surface sensors
- Prepare, and QA, Surface Logging Well reports
- Report Field failures through the FRACAS reporting system
- Ensure effective communication with other members of the crew, client representatives and onshore coordinator
- Ensure correct levels of equipment stocks at the wellsite are maintained
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, ensure all PPE/Certification is valid & suitable for offshore work.
- Actively participate in Baker Hughes and client HS&E Policies at all times. Performing and participating in pre-job tool box talks at the rigsite
- Bachelor Degree in related subject (Geology or Earth Sciences)
- Experience working as a mudlogger / data engineer is preferred but not essential
- Flexible & adaptable approach
- Detailed & analytic approach
- Computer literacy Strong communication and inter-personal skills and demonstrated excellent customer awareness
- Good technical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Ability to take direction and work efficiently in teams
- Must be prepared to work 12 hour day and/or night shifts as required
- Convenient access to a domestic airport or rail link is essential for travel.
- Willing to take on responsibility and be accountable for their action.
- A Good team player.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and speaking in English.
- Excellent computer skills.
- On-going role in Health, Safety & Environment compliance.
- Some experience as a Data Engineer, Mud Logger or Logging Geologist would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Willing to work as a logger / data engineer if required to cover holiday period.
Mainly UK, but could be rotated in Europe region.(Netherlands, Norway)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more