|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The operations support team support the Projects engineering teams, manufacturing and Sourcing teams by investigating and finding solutions for any work in progress issues on materials, parts, procedures for new equipment being processed through global manufacturing centre of excellence sites & global suppliers.
- Interpret customer specifications to investigate non-conformance reports.
- Investigation and disposition of non-conformance reports (GRRs) from global manufacturing centres of excellence against project & company requirements.
- Implementation of product revisions (AFCs / ECNs) identified from product non-conformance reports.
- Identify improvements in existing products, procedures and processes and develop cost effective solutions which eliminate non-conformance reports.
- Collaboration with product owners on product dispositions, product revisions, and opportunities for cost out as result of non-conformance reports.
- Collaboration with manufacturing engineers, commodity managers & manufacturing technicians in the investigation & resolution of product non-conformance reports.
- Interpretation of priorities from daily production meetings.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to risk analysis, failure analysis, design reviews, calculations, finite element analysis in establishing appropriate disposition of product non-conformance reports.
- Gain customer approval of non-conformance solutions.
- Provide technical assistance & support as required up to & including completion of factory acceptance testing of Xmas tree assembly.
- Provide technical support for EFAT / SIT activities of Well Systems.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science backed up with demonstrable experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Technological proficiency, including relevant engineering tools
- An understanding of manufacturing, materials an coating processes to make data-based recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment