|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Responsible for assembling and testing equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assemble and test equipment in accordance with engineering drawings, tech units and manuals.
- Apply settings, calibrate and maintain assembly tools.
- Pull component parts to produce kits required to assemble tools.
- Perform basic warehousing activities when required.
- Responsible for fulfilling individual goals and objectives as well as contributing to the goals and objectives of the team.
- Responsible for adherence to: work instructions, procedures, processes and documentation relating to the assembly department.
Ensure the work area is maintained in a safe and proper condition through correct handling and storage of equipment and tools.
Contribute to the development of the team members
- Ensure HS&E policies and procedures and Quality System Procedures are followed at all times.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Any Other Duties as Required.
National 5 in English and Math essential, additional pass in Technical subject desirable
Previous experience in an electro-mechanical environment is desirable.
Experience of wiring and soldering is preferred but not essential.
Experience of working in an assembly or production environment is desirable.
Experience of assembling and testing a number of complex equipment and products is preferred.
Experience of operating testing equipment is desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering blueprints, safety instructions / manuals; maintenance instruction and procedure manuals is essential.
Excellent understanding of the responsibilities of housekeeping and safety processes for self and others, displaying an active interest & vigilance in the safety of others, such that the holder can identify, prevent, discuss and rectify hazardous situation is essential.
- Ability to recognize, solve & implement required changes for Assembly related problems.
- Ability to train & coach others in specific operations.
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative.
- Skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages, including e-mail.
- Organisational skills.
- Communication skills.
Aberdeen, Stoneywood UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more