|Job Type:||Full Time|
Responsible for assembling and testing Completion & Wellbore Intervention equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This role is offered on a shift rota pattern which will include working day, night and back shifts.
- Assemble and test equipment in accordance with engineering drawings, tech units and manuals.
- Apply settings, calibrate and maintain assembly tools.
- Pull component parts to produce kits required to assemble tools.
- Perform basic warehousing activities when required.
- Responsible for fulfilling personal goals and targets as well as contributing to the goals and targets of the team.
- Responsible for adherence to: work instructions, procedures, processes and documentation relating to the assembly department.
- Ensure the work area is maintained in a safe and proper condition through correct handling and storage of equipment and tools.
- Contribute to the development of the team members
- Ensure HS&E policies and procedures and Quality System Procedures are followed at all times.
- Special projects as assigned.
- School Certificates or equivalent.
- Experience of working in an assembly environment is essential.
- Experience of assembling and testing a number of complex equipment and products is preferred.
- Experience of overseeing functional testing on assemblies is preferred.
- Experience of operating testing equipment is essential.
- Previous experience in a mechanical environment is essential.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering blueprints, safety instructions / manuals; maintenance instruction and procedure manuals is essential.
- Ability to operate and use PC’s with experience of using manufacturing systems, SAP and MS Office applications is desirable.
- Excellent understanding of the responsibilities of housekeeping and safety processes for self and others, displaying an ongoing interest & vigilance in the safety of others, such that the holder can identify, prevent, discuss and rectify hazardous situation is essential.
- Ability to use a variety of manual/electric hand tools in relation to the assembly of products.
- Ability to work safely and to ensure the safety of others.
- Ability to recognize, solve & implement required changes for Assembly related problems.
- Ability to train & coach others in specific operations.
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative.
- Skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages, including e-mail.
- Organisational skills.
- Communication skills.
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more