|Location:||Tyne and Wear|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Manufacturing Production Engineer you will focus on the Engineering associated with the manufacturing process. Development of processes and methodologies Flexible Pipe Manufacture. Will include interfacing, facilitating and providing guidance to the manufacturing teams located in Newcastle (UK) and Niterói (Brazil).
Will support the team in collecting and analyzing relevant data and recommend specific process improvement actions. Will also work closely with commercial team supporting the ITO process by collecting relevant information from client product specifications and recommending actions for the most efficient industrial methods to deliver customer outcomes.
The Manufacturing Product Engineer will conceive design and support delivery of cutting edge manufacturing process technologies, mechanical & digital systems and methods in support of the Flexible Pipe Systems business – the focus will be aimed at gains in efficiency, quality and predictability in production outcomes, increasing business reliability, performance and profitability.
This role will require strong project management skills. You will have the ability to work effectively in ambiguity, lead globally and cross-functionally to deliver on project objectives. Develop, organize, and lead the interface between design and manufacturing when it comes to employing process technology solutions:
- Define and control production process including tooling and equipment.
- Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment.
- Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent. Works together with people from the business unit.
- Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues.
- Contribute to a cross-functional team aimed at improving Manufacturing / Inspection processes and systems.
- Work with commercial team on bids to identify future manufacturing requirements and design to cost objectives.
- Advise personnel in the Design, Materials, and Manufacturing communities on the application of manufacturing and inspection processes and related quality systems.
- Conduct in-plant tests in advance to actual pipes to assure production will run according to product spec.
- Identify and deploy manufacturing technologies that are aimed at reducing manufacturing cost and improving operational efficiency by working closely with the respective cell teams.
- Perform other duties as required by the Manufacturing Leadership team
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline or Equivalent Qualification
</UL><p>Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.