|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Aptara Designer/Design Engineer role shall be part of the Aptara Engineering Team and shall be working on either New Product Design, Product Structuring and Maintenance or Project Execution.
The Designer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilise your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Lead and coordinate designer’s activities, establish functional and new drafting processes and product standardization templates, system / product definition, drawings, specifications, and BoMs using specific or establishing new design tools.
- Independently perform most design assignments.
- Assign contracts to designer and regulate workload levelling for the drawing fulfilment.
- Coordinate drawing checking methods and monitor designer checking schedules. Responsible for the technical development of part of a job (requisition) or part of a new project (NPI).
- Ensure appropriate documentation (layout, spec, design assy / stack-up / specification studies, BoMs).
- Interface with PE or Program Manager, DE, Testing, Sourcing, Quality and Manufacturing and interface with component / system vendors.
- Coordinate and control the activities performed by external resources related to the assigned job.
- Ensure expected results in term of quality, execution time, and cost (within control).
- Use of design tools (like 2D / 3D CAD (AC / ProE / UG), Excel, and in-house design calculations).
- HND or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with proven experience as a designer)
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Prior experience as a Designer with at least six full projects successfully completed is preferred.
- Knowledge of using design CAD tools and demonstrated experience in using Creo and or Team center experience preferred.