|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
To carry out build and production testing of Subsea Control Modules and associated assemblies to procedures. Carry out systems level and sub-assembly level testing of subsea system and associated products.
This role will be working a permanent night shift: Monday – Thursday (10:30pm – 7:30am)
- Ensuring all aspects of production is carried out in accordance with company procedures And documentation is complete.
- Supervise Apprentices as required and provide feedback on their performance
- Provide support for engineering activities including qualifications and first off’s feeding back observations and completing necessary documentation as required.
- Play an active part in Continuous improvements through the various BHGE initiatives.
- To carry out system testing of Assemblies and Sub- Assemblies as specified in test procedures for both subsea and topside equipment.
- Carry out cleanliness and pressure testing of Hydraulic assemblies as specified in Procedures.
- Carry out mechanical build of assemblies.
- Carry out essential maintenance where applicable.
- Ensuring all aspects of production is carried out in accordance with company procedures relating to HSE and relevant quality Codes of Practice.
- Provide engineering feedback to relevant engineering department to improve, products, processes, and design. Also includes First off Reviews.
- Ensure Work Order documentation is correct and completed to date before, during and on completion of the Test process.
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times and general housekeeping is maintained to a high standard.
- To report defects appropriately and in a timely manner using the Quality systems in place and feedback to team leader.
- BTEC Level 3 in either electronics, mechatronics or mechanical or relevant experience
- Proven track record in test and fault finding of Hydra -Electrical assemblies
- Ability to read electronic and mechanical/Hydraulic schematics.
- Ability to have technical discussions with senior design and product engineers
- Good working knowledge of software and firmware for both products and test equipment.
- Able to contribute to a team, either as part of the team, or as a leader.
- Cooperates to assist team members and ensure team meets its goals.
- Recognises the importance of diversity and promotes a climate of collaboration.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Gets information and uses it for improvements in products and services.
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, is a consistent performer
- Very target orientated, steadfastly pushes self and others for results, demonstrates a 'can do' attitude.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more