|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
As a Lead Engineer, you will take the technical lead on projects, and guide our early career engineers. You will present to senior leaders and to cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy.
- Influence product design specifications, and ensure new designs are optimised for Manufacture and Test (DfM, DfT) including: safety, capacity, performance, yield and cost.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other Electronics design team members within a project.
- Design Change Initiation and implementation in accordance with business procedures
- Manufacturing technical support and provide solutions for production related problems
- High standard of documentation for evidence of conformity and technical explanation
- Generation of design specifications and requirements capture
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work across continents with remote engineering and sales teams
- Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
- Continually develop and advance internal operating procedures
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering
- Proven ability in low power analogue and mixed signal circuit design and analysis, and ideally knowledge of digital protocols such as CAN, I2C, RS485, MODbus and ethernet
- Experience with PCB design and circuit simulation tools (Altium, PADS)
- Experience of Design for Manufacturing and Design for Test
- Knowledge of EMC design principles
- Strong time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc.)
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members
- Knowledge of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi protocols
- Embedded systems, Power systems, FPGA / CPLD design experience
- Intrinsically Safe product design experience for hazardous applications
- Familiarity with IPC standards for PCB design and fabrication
- Knowledge of basic Mechanical principles
- Six Sigma Greenbelt trained and certified
- Knowledge and experience of SAP
- Groby, Leicester
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more