|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Lead sourcing specialist demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Lead commercial validation of suppliers’ offers / quotes.
- Steer technical negotiations & commercial validation.
- Issue and track PO shipments, track OTD to need and promise date.
- Document price history, perform benchmarking, understand prices variations.
- Define and maintain price/cost metrics and savings analysis.
- Organize and run vendor weekly status update & technical reviews. Record price, OTD in appropriate database, maintain OTD metrics.
- Execute vendor recovery strategies/Subcontract and manage SPLs
- Execute vendor detailed product and document schedule reviews through weekly operating rhythm to ensure OTD to Contract keeping log of actions.
- Negotiates prices and conduct technical and quality evaluation of supplier quotes.
- Assess supplier capacity and make recommendations on supplier acceptability.
- Implement sourcing standards including process & execution, synergies for cost out.
- Drive productivity opportunities with supply base to deliver cost out goals and lead time reductions.
- Produce Weekly fulfilment report to update on PO activity and supplier performance to contract date.
- Drive effective recovery plans and create payment tracking and invoice analysis. tracking / invoice analysis.
- Develop process to look upstream for pending order requirements and drive Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales in order to ensure sourcing given adequate cycle to procure material.
- Place Purchase Orders (PO) timely and obtain PO acknowledgements and key technical documentation from suppliers to ensure Pre- Production Meeting with Suppliers is held on time to maintain overall contract date.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma with proven experience in a Sourcing role) or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Significant years of experience in a PCBA or electronic components environment either within a Sourcing position or similar or with experience in Operational manufacturing procurement
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Ability to influence others and manage small teams.
- Develop initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more