|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
We are recruiting a Software Test Engineer into our 100 strong Engineering Team supporting projects in industries such as automotive (including F1), metrological, Hydrology and oil & gas. With a desire to attract Engineers who value varied team work and being challenged in technical problem solving, we are offering an attractive salary & benefits package and development opportunities.
- Reporting to the Software Manager, providing technical software engineering solutions.
- Ensuring requirements are translated correctly into cohesive verification solutions.
- Experience of verifying embedded firmware with or without an RTOS (e.g. uC/OS, Free RTOS).
- Development of embedded software/firmware (C/C++/C#) test cases
- Verification of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, RS485, SPI, I2C)
- Debugging and problem investigation of software/firmware
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions.
- Potential to work upon the development, programming and debugging of software including:
- Embedded platforms (including use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, etc.)
- Mobile/Tablet platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, Linux).
- Web applications (e.g. Java, C#, Spring, Maven, etc).
- Desktop software (e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio).
- Verification and testing of software/firmware (e.g. Robot Framework).
- Experience Low-Level (Unit) Testing (LLT) using industry standard software (e.g. Cantata, CppUnit, LDRA).
- Instrumentation and stubbing of code to enable unit testing.
- Software programming language experience (C/C++).
- Experience in source control packages (e.g. SVN, Github).
- Experiencing of automated software testing techniques and Continuous Integration.
- Solid commercial experience using SW verification techniques, and reviews
- Verification of STM32 and similar microprocessor and microcontroller software
- Experience of testing low level drivers for embedded systems (i.e. device drivers).
- Knowledge of hardware level interfacing (e.g. device drivers)
- Interpretation and understanding of hardware datasheets and device capabilities
- Time management skills, work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team across sites
- Awareness of cybersecurity related issues and potential countermeasures
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering
- Experience with Change and Configuration tools
- Work within an Agile development environment
- Groby, Leicester
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more