|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
AM Finance fulfils the dual responsibility of providing both legal entity control and MIS within the Line of Business. The Legal Entity Control Group within AM Finance has the primary responsibility for ensuring financial integrity within all AM UK entities, maintaining adherence to regulatory requirements and ensuring a strong control environment exists, as it relates to all products and operational areas that affect the financial accounts.
The Assistant Legal Entity Controller will have responsibility for the financial integrity, analysis and reporting for one or more legal entities.
The applicant will have the following key responsibilities:
- Work with appropriate financial and operational groups to provide value added financial analysis (e.g. revenues, expenses, balance sheet etc.) to management, including the Board of Directors where appropriate.
- Monthly review of the legal entity results to ensure all drivers of the income statement and balance sheet are understood and evidenced by production of a month end reporting package with the opportunity to present to senior management
- Provide input into the monthly forecast process by providing accurate flash results prior to the month end.
- Supervision, coaching and development of employees
- Calculate and record financial information within the General Ledger in relation to key revenues, expenses and balance sheet accounts.
- Liaise with colleagues across J.P. Morgan lines of business, both internally and internationally, in the computation and control of transfer pricing arrangements.
- Produce statutory accounts together with appropriate working papers to a high degree of accuracy and timeliness.
- Liaise with the regulatory team on regulatory returns in preparation for senior management review prior to submission to the FCA.
- Balance sheet substantiation – ownership and responsibility for ensuring all accounts are fully reconciled/substantiated and reported both to the AM Control Group and to EMEA Control.
- Drive process improvement and efficiencies where possible to facilitate financial integrity and control
- Qualified accountant / final exam stages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail orientated and proactive.
- Strong PC skills (Excel and Word).
- Strong team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Ability to carry out complex tasks under time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Previous experience of general ledger control and performance of financial reconciliations desirable.
- Previous statutory accounts prep and audit file preparation desirable.
JPMorgan offers a highly competitive compensation package and an exceptional benefits program, which can include pension, private medical care, life assurance and a range of flexible benefits, dental, child care vouchers, travel insurance, etc.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.6 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management advises institutions, endowments, foundations and families through Asset Management and Wealth Management. Our Wealth Management business includes J.P. Morgan Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Securities and Chase Wealth Management.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank advises the world’s wealthiest families and helps them achieve their desired goals. Our teams of Advisors deliver advice, solutions and services across investments, wealth planning, credit and banking to help clients build, preserve and manage their wealth over time.
Our team of specialists works seamlessly to help our clients achieve their financial goals and aspirations. We’re proud to be named ‘2017 Best Private Bank for Ultra-High-Net-Worth Clients’ by Euromoney: Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Qatar, Spain, United Arab Emirates and UK.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.