|Location:||Cheshire West and Chester|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Bring your leadership skills and Health & Safety knowledge to this vital role as Plant Supervisor for Aggregate Industries, a leading player in Construction Solutions.
About the role
To effectively operate a batching plant to the standards required by the company using procedures including operation of the loading shovel when required.Conforming to Aggregate Industries standards and guidelines, ensure the site, plant, buildings and equipment are kept in a clean and tidy condition and to maintain security at all times.You will be required to undertake regular tool box talks, safety briefings and interactive safety tours. This expands to the day to day management of mixer truck drivers excluding shipping/order taking. Other duties include;
- Supervise all onsite hauliers /mixer truck drivers so that Aggregate Industries standards and procedures are maintained.
- Ensure the depots maintenance improvement log is reviewed and updated, reporting any defects to the operations manager.
- Ensure plant mixers are cleaned as and when required and defects reported in a timely manner.
- Ensure stock piles and aggregate bays are managed correctly and within the sites permit conditions.
- Ensure all waste is reduced as much as possible and managed correctly following Aggregate Industries procedures and guidelines.
- To maintain accurate materials/ stock data as required by national procedures and in doing so minimise the number of discrepancies/ anomalies at each month end.
- To ensure that all technical testing required for the production of concrete at the plant is carried out to the correct standards and timescales. This includes all value added products and corresponding procedures.
What will you bring?
- Proven supervisory track record
- A recognised industry qualification would be a real plus
- With good IT-literacy and distribution knowledge,
- you must have a strong awareness of health and safety, as well as a flexible attitude to your work.
- Great all-round communication skills
- A good telephone manner
- Real customer focus
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognising the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
Why join Aggregate Industries?
We’re at the frontline of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 330 sites and more than 4100 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services. A full range of products which will help you work sustainably, safely, professionally and profitably.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.